Exhibiting and selling art/craft at Bulleen Art & Garden
We are always looking out for new artists and want to display work which is original and individual, and is a viable alternative option for our customers, rather than mass produced items. Works could be suitable for display in the garden or have some connection to the garden. Work for sale should be of professional quality and suitable for its purpose, and should have artistic or design merit.
We are now looking for exhibition proposals for 2020. See below.
A gallery as part of a garden centre is a great way to bring art, and individually crafted products to a wide range of people who would not normally visit an art gallery, as well as giving local artists an outlet for their products. We have held regular exhibitions since 1995 when we opened our first art gallery. Then in August 2015 we opened a new gallery.
The Bolin Bolin Gallery – is in the centre of the Bulleen Art & Garden shop and obvious from when people enter through the new entrance.
It is designated by the sculpted sign by Nicola Hoyle
The area is 6.8m X 4.3m
- Gallery hanging system
- we have quite a lot of plinths
- several wall shelves
- Feature ceiling panels by Nicola Hoyle
To reduce the upfront risks for artists, we do not have charges for exhibitions, but take a commission (approx one third selling price)
You may want to:
– Have a solo exhibition.
– Have an exhibition with others you know.
– Take part in a group exhibition
Please send exhibition proposals, or information about art/craft you would like to sell at Bulleen Art & Garden To firstname.lastname@example.org
We are calling for exhibition proposals for 2020
For Exhibition proposals we need to know:
Who is exhibiting
- Do you want a solo exhibition, with colleagues, or a group.Or if you are not likely to have enough work to fill the space we could possibly exhibit your work with another artist(s).
Description of work you are planning to exhibit
- Theme and/or title
- Media, range of items. Scale
- Do you have images of the proposed work or something similar.
- Approximate price range
- IF you have not previously sold work with us and we don’t know you & your work, please include either a link to a web site or page, or a very short CV & image(s) of your work, if/where you have exhibited or sold work previously –
PLEASE don’t send large images – very difficult to open and not necessary
let us know times when you would not be able to exhibit, as well as your preferred exhibition dates.
Please be as flexible as possible, as this means we are more likely to be able to offer you a space .
Sales in the Sculpture Garden, garden Gallery,nursery or shop
We make an effort to include local art and craft throughout the centre as well as exhibitions in our gallery space – in the Garden Gallery with ongoing displays of garden art; in the shop area near the gallery; in outdoor sculpture garden , and as features in displays in the nursery areas, such as plant bench endcaps.
For more information, Please email email@example.com or mail to Meredith Plain, Bulleen Art & Garden, 6 Manningham Rd W, Bulleen.
Or phone Joe Raneri or Meredith 8850 3030 on weekdays.
Approx one third selling price.